Did you know…
Professor Peter C Gøtzsche shared on Twitter today: “Pink month lies: “Early detection saves lives and breasts.” It doesn’t, and because of overdiagnosis you will reduce your risk of becoming a breast cancer patient by one-third if you ignore summons for mammography screening.”
Be sure to watch this important video in its entirety: “Time to Stop Mammography Screening”
- “Women faithfully attend to it as if it were a religion — although it is harmful to them.
- We should stop mammography screening.
- If you do a utility analysis, considering that it doesn’t save lives, and it creates a lot of overdiagnosis, and unhappiness through doing that, and worries about false positives, you can imaging any utility analysis must come out negative. This is why I tell you, mammography screening is immensely harmful.”
- Screening doesn’t save lives and it doesn’t save breasts either.
- You remove a lot of breasts in people who it would have been nicer to have them in situ, on the chest — It’s actually quite terrible.
- By dropping screening, a woman can lower her risk of getting a breast cancer diagnosis by 1/3.
- Screening doesn’t work and it causes breast cancer.
- Stay away from screening. We don’t know anything that is more effective than that.
- Why do people do this? Because information about screening is one-sided and dishonest.“
Also by Peter C Gøtzsche: