Nail polish — a highly toxic solvent!

nail polishThrow out your nail polish and nail polish remover! It’s a common source of potent xenohormones which are highly toxic!

“One of the most insidious routes of solvent exposure and toxicity is through fingernail polish and fingernail polish remover. Some of the immediate effects of exposure to solvents include central nervous system (CNS) depression (which would look like fatigue or depression), psychomotor or attention deficits (which would look like incoodination and inability to focus), brain swelling (headaches), CNS capillary damage, and oxygen deprivation in the brain, with possible permanent brain damage resulting in lower cognitive abilities.” – Dr. John R. Lee, MD, What Your Doctor may NOT Tell You About Breast Cancer: How Hormone Balance Can Help Save Your Life

Here are some nontoxic brands to try.

About Donna Pinto

I am originally from New Jersey and moved to Los Angeles with my family at age 12. After graduating from San Diego State University with a BA in Journalism, I had a short-stint in magazine advertising sales before landing my "dream job" with Club Med. For two years I worked at resorts in Mexico, The Bahamas, The Dominican Republic and Colorado. My husband Glenn & I met in Ixtapa, Mexico and we embarked on a two year honeymoon around the world. This was also a research project for a book we wrote called "When The Travel Bug Bites: Creative Ways to Earn, Save and Stay Abroad." I am also the author of a quote book for new graduates -- "Cheatnotes on Life: Lessons From The Classroom of Life." In 1997, we settled in San Diego and I was blessed to work part-time from home for non-profit organizations while raising our two boys. In 2010, a DCIS diagnosis changed my life. DCIS 411 is the culmination of my on-going journey and discoveries.
This entry was posted in Health and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Nail polish — a highly toxic solvent!

  1. kat says:

    Thanks Donna!! I’m passing on this information to both of my daughters and others that use nail polish and removers! Don’t want more toxins in our bodies that risk cancer or other long term damage or side effects. Much appreciated and keep up the good work! We love and are so thankful for all your hard work, research and sharing your knowledge with us! Love & Blessings, Kat Ü

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.