Women recently diagnosed with DCIS can do more than just wait.
A test is available NOW to learn if the DCIS cells from a biopsy are “low-risk” or “elevated risk.”
Why wait and do nothing when you can do something to decrease anxiety NOW!
Below is information posted by PreludeDx, the company that tests YOUR DCIS BIOLOGY:
- In recent guidelines for your physicians, DCIS has been categorized as non-urgent or a lower priority for surgery or radiation.
- You may have already been told that your treatment has been postponed.
- Use this time to gather more information about the biology of your specific DCIS tumor – Not all DCIS is the same
- There is a test that lets you know your risk of DCIS returning or developing into invasive breast cancer and your benefit of radiation therapy
- Your physician may use the test results to help triage your care today or in the future
- This test can be run off your original biopsy, does not require a face to face physician visit and the results are ready in 3-5 business days
- Call 800 211 DCIS for more information
Please see my blog post: A New Bio-marker Test for DCIS = Peace of Mind for Thousands of Women
Hi Donna, I’m not sure if you remember me but my son (Aidan Rooney) played basketball with your son in high school. I hope all is great with your family. (Aidan’s a sophomore at Baylor – time flies!) I always remembered talking about DCIS breast cancer with you, and reading your blogs, etc. I was just diagnosed with DCIS and wanted to reconnect as I embark on this journey. I don’t think I receive your emails anymore (or I have missed them) and was hoping I could be added to future emails. Also would welcome connecting at some point if you have time – just let me know. Hope you are well – take care. Anna-Marie Rooney
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone