On Friday Oct 12th, I am hiking the “Cactus to Clouds” hike in Palm Springs. Here is a description from another hiker: “This, in my opinion is the hardest hike in Southern California. It has even made it on to Backpacker Magazine’s list of America’s hardest day hikes!”
You start in Palm Springs at an altitude of about 450 ft., which is virtually at sea level, and ascend to the summit more than two vertical miles at over 10,800 ft. in a matter of about 15 miles. En route, you pass the Palm Spring Aerial Tramway’s Mountain Station at about 8,500 ft.
1. Join me (in spirit) at “Cactus to Clouds” on October 12th or create your own local hike for the CAUSE during the month of October!
2. Cheer me & my fellow “Cactus to Clouds” hikers on!
3. Donate $$$$ to the amazing organizations below!
4. Share the info and invite friends to join in a hike for the CAUSE during the month of October!
5. Visit my bog: www.dcis411.com or join my Facebook Group: “Donna’s Choice: Global Healing From The Inside Out”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373056561416/
1. Cancer is an ever-increasing EPIDEMIC (Despite billions of dollars raised).
2. Screening is not PREVENTION.
3. “The cure” = better understanding, treatment and elimination of the CAUSES of cancer.
4. Nonprofits working to better understand, treat and eliminate the CAUSES of cancer are UNDERFUNDED.
5. We can all ENGAGE in finding and funding BETTER SOLUTIONS.
1. Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation: www.dslrf.org
Mission: To eradicate breast cancer and improve the quality of women’s health through innovative research, education and advocacy.
2. The Mederi Foundation: http://mederifoundation.org/
Mission: To optimize health and promote longevity and to improve the quality of life of those facing chronic diseases, especially cancer and to provide a comprehensive approach towards the transformation of healthcare.
3. Breast Cancer Action: http://bcaction.org/
Mission: To carry the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the changes necessary to end the breast cancer epidemic.
4. The Cancer Project: http://www.cancerproject.org/
Mission: To promote cancer prevention and survival through a better understanding of cancer causes, particularly the link between nutrition and cancer. Through research, education, and advocacy, we are saving lives.
5. Environmental Working Group (EWG): http://www.ewg.org/
Mission: To use the power of public information to protect public health and the environment.
6. Breast Cancer Fund: http://www.breastcancerfund.org/:
Mission: To prevent breast cancer by eliminating exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease.
Thank you for your love and support on this journey! May we all continue to have abundant health and peace.