My Supplement List — What’s Yours?

Here is a list of daily supplements I take:

probiotic; omega 3; cod liver oil; Vit E (400iu); Vit D3 (5,000 iu); curcumin (500-2,000); RM-10; iodine; indole 3 carbinol (200mg x2); milk thistle; coQ10; selenium; B-12; Vit C (500-1,000mg); CALM (Magnesium 350mg); CALM PLUS (magnesium, calcium, potassium, C, D, Boron); panex ginseng; gingko biloba; glucosamine, MSM & chondroitin; Garden of Life Perfect Food; Trader Joes’s Super Red Powder; Concentrace Mineral Drops; chlorophyll; quercetin

“There is no supplement that I recommend more often than quercetin.” – Donald Yance, Herbal Medicine, Healing & Cancer, A Comprehensive Program for Prevention and Treatment

Here is a helpful article by Dr. Mark Hyman on Savvy Supplement Shopping.

Please remember, it is critically important to consult with and be supervised by a certified nutritionist, a  naturopathic Dr. or an integrative Dr regarding supplements. These heath-care specialists are specially trained in prescribing general, preventative and therapeutic levels of appropriate vitamins and minerals specific to one’s condition and needs. And this can change depending on lab tests.

About dp4peace

I was born and raised in New Jersey and moved to the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles when I was 12. I graduated with a BA in Journalism/Advertising from San Diego State University. After a short stint in magazine ad sales in LA, I was offered my dream job working for Club Med. I spent two years working at resorts in Mexico, The Bahamas, The Dominican Republic and Colorado. My husband Glenn & I met while working at Club Med in Ixtapa, Mexico. We returned to "real life/jobs" for three years before we embarked on a two year honeymoon around the world. Together we wrote a book called "When The Travel Bug Bites: Creative Ways to Earn, Save and Stay Abroad." I am also the author of "Cheatnotes on Life: Lessons From The Classroom of Life," a quote book for new graduates. Glenn & I live in San Diego with our two boys: Skyler, the yogi and Cody, the buddha! I enjoy running, yoga and working on projects that bring more peace, health and light to our world.
This entry was posted in Health and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to My Supplement List — What’s Yours?

1. Lin says:

Wow, that’s a handful! I’m a but new with natural health and all I’m taking for now is coq10 (getting it from (http://products.mercola.com/coq10-ubiquinol/). Been thinking of getting probiotics too. What kind or brand would you recommend?

• dp4peace says:

Hi Lin,
      The high quality proboiotics are in the refrigerator section of a health food store. I started out with Garden of Life Primal Defense — which is excellent, but expensive. I have also taken Country Life Power-Dophilus and Jarrows. I had a recurring fungal infection on my foot for a few years, but after taking probiotics regularly and reducing sugar, I have not had this issue at all! Here’s what Mercola says:

2. Kay Ashley says:

My list is about the same as yours, along with Jarrow probiotics and some additional ones that are available only through my naturopath MD, which help change the molecular cell structure after the almost year long cleanse, and one probiotic called Digest from Systemic Formulas. I also drink 1 Tbs of aloe vera juice that I get from the nutritionist, also through Systemic Formulas. That and all the extras I get through my anti-cancer diet. Every morning I look at those pills and think how blessed I am that I chose those and not radiation and Tamoxifen!

3. dp4peace says:

YES! I’m with you Kay on the gratitude for all the wonderful things nature provides if only we educate ourselves a bit!! Thanks for chiming in! 🙂 Donna

4. How to you find a good naturopath MD?

• dp4peace says:

I would start by asking friends and even pose the question on facebook. Where do you live? You could also do a google search for your area. I was recommended my naturopathic MD from a friend immediately after I was diagnosed. When the student is ready, the teacher appears!

5. suzana says:

I’m also taking most of these… It is indeed quite a lot, so I’ve looking for a way to reduce the number of capsules. I recently started taking a drink to replace the daily greens (milk thistle, holy basil, chorella, etc) and the probiotics and enzymes. Have had great results so far and loads more energy. A bit expensive but quite possibly the best on the market–http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Vitamineral-Green-Version-4-8-17-65-oz-500-g/19378?at=0&rcode=SEQ220

6. dp4peace says:

Thanks Suzana! I recently met a woman selling these products and she gave me several samples… I too am going to see how I can condense my supplements! I believe HealthForce Nutritionals are of highest quality and great to hear your results. Thanks for sharing!