Did you know…
One of the largest studies ever on mammograms indicated they do not reduce cancer deaths.
Listen to this short video with Dr. Joann Elmore, an expert in mammography…
- “This study adds to an accumulation of data… Multiple large studies.”
- “We’re not seeing the benefit from mammography that we had hoped.”
- “The more you look, the more you find.”
- “We are unfortunately potentially detecting a lot of tumors that the women would have lived with for the rest of their entire lives, and it would have never harmed them, and this is called over-diagnosis.”
- “We don’t know if she is one of those women that was over-diagnosed and we’re going to over-treat — which can include mastectomies, radiation therapy, chemotherapy.”
Thank you Dr. Joanne Elmore! Facts save breasts and lives!