What does preparation for a grueling hike up a 10,000 foot mountain have in common with DCIS and breast cancer prevention?
1. Investigation: Both require gathering information and understanding what you are facing.
2. Training: Practice, practice, practice makes for success. Daily exercise is also a well known contributor to cancer prevention. The side effects are a healthy, fit body, loads of energy and peace of mind.
3. Essential Ingredients: Ensuring you have the right stuff in your pack is as important as ensuring you put the right stuff in your body.
4. A Practical, Positive Attitude: Whether climbing a mountain or dealing with DCIS and breast cancer prevention, it boils down to “one foot in front of the other” and “take it as it comes.”
5. Gratitude: I am so grateful for the experience and accomplishment I shared with my fellow hikers as well as all that I have learned regarding DCIS and breast cancer prevention.
Thank you to all who have supported me and my “Hike for the CAUSE….”